Leadership Matters, FOCUS MATTERS, Offense Matters.
“Discipline is the voluntary regulating of behavior that drives repetitive excellence. Successful performers develop strong personal and institutional habits that are like clockwork.” The Right Call, Sally Jenkins
We have been digging into “The Right Call” with our clients this month; a great resource for understanding the psychology of performance for humans and for teams. If you hate sports analogies, you should pass on this one.
Many of our owner-entrepreneur clients are athletes, musicians, and performers. Learning to compete in our youth taught us how to create focus, push our limits, study under masters, and build teams to accomplish lofty goals. The most successful SMB owners know how to FOCUS themselves and their teams to ‘drive repetitive excellence’.
- They Have Plans…IN WRITING: Most SMBs don’t need a 40-page Angel Investor prospectus. A concise, two-page business plan to focus the team on high payoff priorities, clearly assigns who-does-what, and maps out the progression and timing for the next year will create drive and clarity.
- They Develop a Planning Discipline: Schedule the following sessions before the end of this week: 2024 Strategic Planning (1-2 days in Q4). Quarterly assess/adjust/align sessions in the first week of January, April, July, and October (4-8 hours).
- They Embrace Planning Truths:
• More input from more people creates better plans and higher engagement.
• Companies that plan ahead have 30% faster growth.
• 71% of the fastest growing companies have plans…IN WRITING.
FOCUS MATTERS! If you have a big team without effective planning discipline, our professional facilitators and coaches can accelerate your 2024 growth. Schedule Q4 sessions now.
Learn how to put action behind your leadership and focus next week in the final blog of this series OFFENSE MATTERS.
Don’t wait for the pain points in your business to grow. Let us help you pave the way with our 1-Day Business Planning Xcelerator, which is specifically designed to reign in FOCUS for SMBs.