The business owners who invest in our Leadership Forums often find the process so valuable that they participate in a group for several years. An interesting phenomenon is at work here; people need reminding more than they need instruction.
The basics of building a solid, profitable business are simple, but not easy. Our experience has shown that helping the owners ‘remember’ a few vital things will lead to significant breakthroughs in business performance.
Here are the things we say the most. The Magnificent Seven:
- Clarity Precedes Results
- R – C = P. Measure things that make Profit better
- It’s not easier if you do it all yourself
- Accountability works, learn how to do it well
- The team needs a game plan and a playbook
- Don’t be a hero, fire prevention leads to less fire fighting
- Leaders don’t get to make excuses
The most difficult piece of growing the business is the discipline of getting the ‘RIGHT’ things done weekly/monthly/quarterly. The XM Leadership Forums establish these rhythms and routines for the business owners. The best take these disciplines back to their businesses, teaching AND reminding their teams.
XM Truth: With no strategic plan in place, the world will conspire to take our time.